.NET 6 is launched and it is a LTS launch which implies it’s going to be totally and actively supported for the following 3 years. If you happen to’ve been paused ready for the precise time to improve to .NET 6, it is a good time to make the transfer!
The .NET Improve Assistant can take Home windows Types, WPF, ASP.NET MVC, Console Apps, and Libraries and allow you to – interactively – improve them to .NET 6.
- Huge and ongoing efficiency enhancements
- No must rely on .NET being on the person’s machine. You’ll be able to ship you personal model of .NET and embed it inside your EXE! Take a look at Single File Deployment.
- Tons of latest C# 10 options, however they’re elective, so your present code works nice however you too can “refactor through subtraction” and take a look at issues like implicit usings.
- Non-obligatory Profile-guided optimization (PGO) is the place the JIT compiler generates optimized code by way of the kinds and code paths which are most regularly used. This may imply even MORE free efficiency!
- Crossgen2 can dramatically enhance your startup time
- Assist for macOS Arm64 (or “Apple M1 Silicon”) and Home windows Arm64 working programs, for each native Arm64 execution and x64 emulation. As well as, the x64 and Arm64 .NET installers now set up aspect by aspect. For more information, see .NET Assist for macOS 11 and Home windows 11 for Arm64 and x64.
- Sizzling Reload – simply make modifications and your app modifications…even when you’re coding in Notepad!
- And tons extra!
Take a look at my .NET Conf 2022 video the place I see what number of locations I can run .NET! Home windows, Linux, Docker, Mac, Raspberry Pi, even a Outstanding 2 eInk pill. Get pleasure from!
You should definitely watch and luxuriate in ALL the good .NET Conf 2022 movies up on YouTube in the present day.
Sponsor: Lob’s developer-friendly APIs make it straightforward to ship a letter, verify, or postcard, as simply as e-mail. Design dynamic HTML templates to personalize mail for optimum impression. Begin Exploring with Postman!