Friday, March 25, 2022
HomeTechnologyFrontier and Spirit to merge to create the fifth-largest US airline

Frontier and Spirit to merge to create the fifth-largest US airline


Frontier Airlines plane at Raleigh-Durham International Airport

A Frontier Airways aircraft arrives at a gate at Raleigh-Durham Worldwide Airport in North Carolina. 


Al Drago/Bloomberg by way of Getty Photos

Frontier Airways and Spirit Airways, each identified for his or her price range costs for flights, introduced their merger Monday. Collectively the airways hope to create a aggressive low-fare airline. 

“This transaction is centered round creating an aggressive ultra-low fare competitor to serve our company even higher, broaden profession alternatives for our group members and improve aggressive strain, leading to extra consumer-friendly fares for the flying public,” stated Spirit CEO Ted Christie in a launch. 

The brand new airline will supply 1,000 each day flights to greater than 145 locations in 19 nations, and have a fleet of over 350 aircrafts. Frontier will management 51.5% of the merged airline, whereas Spirit will management the remaining 48.5%. This merger would create the fifth largest airline within the US, following American, Delta, Southwest and United.  

The deal, which is valued at $6.6 billion, is predicted to shut within the second half of 2022 following approval from US antitrust regulators. 

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments