Cozy and comforting, this sluggish cooker potato leek soup is straightforward to prep in beneath half-hour whereas the sluggish cooker does the remainder of the work! Made with Greek yogurt for an additional vitamin punch!
Sluggish cooker soups are my favourite. You spend beneath half-hour prepping components and you then set it and overlook it. The sluggish cooker does the remainder of the give you the results you want.
I particularly love this potato leek soup as a result of it’s tremendous creamy and comforting. Excellent for a comfortable winter evening in.
The leeks, lemon, and thyme add a taste punch and the Greek yogurt and potatoes give the soup a deliciously creamy consistency.
It makes an enormous batch so you may feed an enormous fam or save (or freeze!) leftovers.
Elements You’ll Want
Notes on Elements:
Potatoes: creamy Yukon Gold is one of the best selection for soup – with medium-starch content material, it lends a creamy, easy consistency. Yellow or gold potatoes additionally work effectively – Yukon Gold is only a particular sort of yellow/gold potato.
Leeks: make sure to totally clear these as dust can get trapped between layers. discard the thick darkish inexperienced half and solely use the white and light-weight inexperienced components.
Broth: I personally favored the soup higher once I made it with rooster broth however vegetable broth will work simply as effectively for my vegetarian and vegan associates!
Lemon juice: provides brightness to the general taste
Thyme and bay leaf: add one other layer of taste
Chives: optionally available ingredient however I like so as to add these as a garnish to bump up the oniony taste.
The right way to Make Potato Leek Soup within the Sluggish Cooker
Step 1: Peel and minimize potatoes into 1-inch items.
Step 2: Sauté leeks and onion with olive oil over medium warmth till leeks have softened and onions are translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
Step 3: Add leek combination, potatoes, thyme, bay leaf, and broth to sluggish cooker.
Step 4: Prepare dinner till potatoes are fork-tender, about 4 hours on excessive and about 8 hours on low.
Step 5: Use an immersion blender or switch soup to a high-speed blender to mix components till easy and creamy.
Step 6: Add lemon juice and fold in Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 7: Garnish with chopped chives (optionally available).
You should definitely let Greek yogurt sit out to come back to room temperature earlier than folding in to soup to forestall curdling.
Potato Leek Soup FAQs
What are the advantages of potato leek soup?
Leeks are filled with nutritional vitamins A, C, Okay, B-6, iron, copper, folate, and manganese. They belong to the allium household (which additionally accommodates onion, garlic, scallions, shallot, chives), which is thought for boasting phytochemicals – compounds which might be anti-oxidative and inflammatory and will assist to guard towards sure continual illness, like most cancers.
Can I make this in my Prompt Pot?
Sure! I included the directions within the Notes part within the recipe card. You’ll saute your leeks, onion, and garlic first then add potatoes, thyme, bay leaf and broth. Strain cook dinner for 8 minutes then fast launch. Mix components and add lemon, yogurt, salt and pepper.
Can you place uncooked potatoes within the sluggish cooker?
Sure! Potatoes take a while to cook dinner within the sluggish cooker however with this recipe they’re fork-tender in 4 hours on excessive.
Why is my potato leek soup gummy?
Chopping the potatoes too small may cause extra starch to be launched, leading to a gummy texture. Additionally, over-blending or pureeing the potatoes may cause this so make sure to mix simply till components are pureed and a easy consistency is reached.
Can I freeze this soup?
Sure! This soup could be saved within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days and within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
For extra soup inspiration, take a look at my recipes beneath!
In the event you like this recipe, please make sure to give it a 5 star score beneath and depart a remark beneath. In the event you make it, share it on Instagram and tag me @karalydonrd and I’ll re-share it with my followers! If you wish to save this recipe for later, make sure to pin it on Pinterest!
Cozy and comforting, this sluggish cooker potato leek soup is straightforward to prep in half-hour whereas the sluggish cooker does the remainder of the work! Made with Greek yogurt for an additional vitamin punch!
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes (4–5 small to medium potatoes), peeled and minimize into 1-inch items
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 leeks, white and light-weight inexperienced components solely, washed and sliced (about 3 cups sliced)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs recent thyme
- 5 cups rooster or vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Elective: chopped chives, for garnish
- In a sauté pan, add olive oil over medium warmth. Add leeks and onion and cook dinner till leeks are softened and onion is translucent, about 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, about one minute.
- Add leek combination to sluggish cooker together with potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and broth.
- Cowl and cook dinner till potatoes are fork-tender, about 8 hours on low or about 4 hours on excessive.
- Take away the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Utilizing an immersion blender or transferring soup to a high-speed blender, mix components till easy and creamy.
- Add lemon juice and fold in Greek yogurt. Season with salt and pepper.
- Elective: garnish with chives
- Maintain yogurt near room temperature earlier than incorporating into the soup to forestall curdling.
- If transferring soup to blender, relying on the scale of your blender you might have to work in batches.
- Soup could be saved within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
To make this within the Prompt Pot
- Add olive oil and use sauté operate to saute leeks and onions for 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook dinner for one minute.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and broth.
- Safe the lid on the Prompt Pot. Shut the steam vent (needs to be on sealing). Set to excessive handbook strain for 8 minutes. Rigorously flip fast launch valve to venting to launch the steam.
- Take away the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Utilizing an immersion blender or transferring soup to a high-speed blender, mix components till easy and creamy. Stir in Greek yogurt and lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 4 hours
- Class: Soup
- Methodology: Sluggish Cooker
Key phrases: sluggish cooker potato leek soup, potato leek soup within the sluggish cooker, crock pot potato leek soup
This recipe was initially revealed January 2015. It’s been retested and reshot to provide the most scrumptious (and exquisite!) recipe!