We’re joyful to announce that Utilization Meter v4.6 is now Typically Obtainable as of Oct 4, 2022. There are a bunch of helpful function updates and new merchandise that it is possible for you to to meter with this model. If you’re questioning why it is best to transfer to UM 4.6, then learn this weblog to grasp what the brand new updates are and the way they may also help you.
vCloud Utilization Meter is a digital equipment that’s put in on a vCenter Server occasion. vCloud Utilization Meter collects product consumption information, and generates stories for merchandise which might be a part of the VMware Cloud Supplier Program.
New Collectors added:
Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-cloud
- Beforehand we supported Tanzu Kubernetes Grid for vSphere (TKGs) utilization assortment by vCenter Server and now we’re including the utilization assortment assist to Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-Cloud (TKGm).
- The Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-cloud metering is launched by offering entry to every Administration cluster, the place the infrastructure is collected by utilizing the Cluster API extensions for TKGm.
- Observe with Utilization Meter 4.6:
- TKGm deployed in vSphere v6.7 and above can be supported. Utilization metering relies on the VMs a part of the TKGm infrastructure, together with administration and workload roles.
- Solely Primary and Customary editions can be reported. Within the case the place the Superior version is chosen by the consumer, Customary can be reported.
- Utilization assortment for TKGm v1.3.0 and above is supported.
vRealize Suite Life Cycle Supervisor
- With this launch, we are actually including the aptitude for the utilization assortment from vRealize Suite Life Cycle Supervisor (VRSLCM).
- VRSLCM Collector allows the auto-discovery of vRealize Suite merchandise.
- Utilization assortment for VRSLCM v8.4.1 and above is supported.
vRealize Automation v8.x
- Utilization Meter 4.6 collects all VM workloads managed by vRA v8.x, VMC on AWS, Google Cloud VMware Engine and Azure VMware Resolution not like the vRA v7.x collector, it collects vRAM consumption for all VMs working in a vCenter Server (cloud kind is vSphere).
- VMs working within the vSphere are managed whereas VMs which might be working in GCP, Azure and AWS are unmanaged.
- Utilization Meter 4.6:
- Robotically discovers vRA v8.x
- Robotically registers vRA v8.x occasion(s) managed by the VRSLCM.
- Automatically updates certificates from VRSLCM.
- Utilization assortment for vRA v8.4.1 and above is supported.
Observe: We’re including two separator collectors right here one for VRSLCM and one for vRA v8.x as a result of the license data is saved within the vRealize Suite Life Cycle Supervisor and never within the equipment anymore.
Current Collectors Enhancements:
VMware Cloud Director Availability:
- Helps newly launched by VCDA use-case for protections and migrations on devoted VMware vSphere Cloud.
- Now additionally helps the metering of vCenter to vCenter Cloud Migrations and Protections.
- VMware Cloud Director Availability v4.4 and above is supported.
VMware vCenter Server / vSphere
- We gather extra information corresponding to host server mannequin, producer, CPU mannequin and producer from vCenter. This information is required to enhance the product providing.
Different Enhancements with Utilization Meter v4.6:
Improve Path to Utilization Meter v4.6
Confirm the improve path to Utilization Meter 4.6 from right here.
Help coverage modifications
For these nonetheless working on an older model of Utilization Meter, please be aware the next Help coverage modifications:
- Utilization Meter v4.5 could have Finish of Common Help by 16th Dec 2022 and could have Finish of Technical Steerage by 16th Dec 2023.
- Utilization Meter v4.4 has already reached Finish of Common Help and could have Finish of Technical Steerage by 4th Might 2023.
- Utilization Meter v4.3 could have Finish of Technical Steerage by 4th Nov 2022.
- Utilization Meter v4.2 and v4.1 are now not supported for Report Era and/or Auto-Reporting as of December 5, 2021
- Utilization Meter v3.6.1 is now not supported for Auto-Reporting as of November 5, 2021.
- Observe: When a model of the Utilization Meter reaches the Finish of Technical Steerage, VUI will now not course of stories for that model of the Utilization Meter.
Different Helpful Assets
To seek out out extra about Utilization Meter 4.6, please use the next sources Launch Notes and Product Documentation
Alternatively take a look on the cloud options Net Web page and the What’s New Demo.
Bear in mind, to get the newest updates, verify this weblog usually, you can also discover us on Slack, Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn in addition to many demo movies and enablement on YouTube, particularly our Characteristic Fridays collection.
You’ll be able to obtain Utilization Meter 4.6 from right here.
Click on the under hyperlinks to entry:
Have extra questions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or depart a reply.